APPLICATIONS OPEN SEPTEMBER 11, 2022, DUE SEPTEMBER 23, 2022
The Fellows Program at Columbia Technology Ventures (CTV) offers a unique opportunity for Columbia graduate students and Post-Doctoral Fellows to gain in-depth experience with university technology transfer and technology commercialization. Fellows work closely with Tech Ventures on a part-time, remote basis, providing support for invention assessments and technology marketing. The program is intended to enhance CTV's understanding of the commercial potential of inventions and technologies while providing Columbia graduate students and Post-Docs with a valuable educational experience. CTV Fellows are paid $28.46 per hour. Click here for more information on the CTV Fellows Program.
Before you begin your application, please take note of the following requirements:
- You must be affiliated with Columbia University (must have a Columbia UNI).
- You must be a medical resident, post-doc, or currently enrolled in a graduate degree program at Columbia University.
- You must be able to commit eight (8) hours per week (max) to the CTV Fellows Program.
- You must obtain your PI/advisor's approval.
- You are expected to stay in the CTV Fellows Program for at least one (1) year.
- All work is performed remotely, therefore, good written communication skills and email etiquette are essential.
- Due to the nature of the work, a strong background in science, engineering, or medicine is essential.
Applications open on September 11th and must be received on or before midnight EDT, Sept 23, 2022.
- Click on the signup button at the top of the page. You do not need to upload your photo when prompted; this is optional.
- After you complete the signup process, you'll get an email confirming your registration. Make sure to check your spam box just in case the registration confirmation ends up there.
- Complete the online application, per the instructions you'll see after you log in.
- If you are selected as a finalist, you will be notified and asked to submit a full application and PI/advisor approval around Oct. 1 , 2022, which will be due at 5 pm EDT, Oct. 14, 2022.
- You will be able to save your application as you work through it. As you complete your application, save your work frequently to avoid loss of work due to disruptions in internet access.
- You will be able to review your application prior to submitting it. However, once you submit it, you can not make any further edits. Carefully review your application before submitting it.
- The last minute is a common time for internet outages, technical glitches in the online application, and hard drive crashes. Do not wait until the last minute to submit your application.
If you have any questions about the application process or experience technical difficulties submitting your application, please submit your questions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a response within one (1) business day.